All the UK government’s COVID legal restrictions that are relevant to Halcyon’s activities have now been removed. However, the pandemic has not gone away and caution is still recommended. We are therefore retaining this page to provide COVID and other general safety advice.
This COVID advice is additional to the Halcyon Guidelines listed under Item 9 of the following section headed ‘Requirements for all rambles’
Halcyon takes the health and well-being of Members/Guests very seriously and we want to do everything we can to protect people and curb the spread of the virus as much as possible.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL RAMBLES
1) Members must sign on for each ramble (either on the day or by pre-booking if required by the leader) and confirm their contact number required for NHS Track and Trace purposes.
2) If, after pre-booking on, you have to cancel, inform the leader before the start of the ramble.
3) Members must NOT attend a ramble if you
a) Have any COVID symptoms (a new continuous or recently increased cough, high temperature and/or loss or change of taste and smell).
b) Have tested positive for COVID infection within the previous 7 days or are awaiting the results of a test.
c) Are within a 7 day self-isolation period instructed by the NHS.
d) Within the previous 7 days have been in close physical contact with someone who either had COVID symptoms or subsequently tested positive for the infection.
4) If you develop COVID symptoms or have a positive test within 3 days following a ramble you must report details to the NHS. Also notify the Halcyon Secretary who will inform other Members/Guests.
5) Inform the leader if you are having any problems or are unwell whilst on a ramble.
6) Members must have with them their up-to-date Green Card emergency/medical details – indicate on this if you are fully vaccinated.
7) Members must comply with the Risk Assessment presented by the leader prior to the start of the ramble.
8) Members must bring with them hand sanitiser and a face mask/covering in case of accidents or incidents.
9) Members should be familiar with the following Halcyon Guidelines.
a) Halcyon requirements/guidelines for members/guests with dogs (with brief notes on Rights of Way and Access Land). Issued January 2011.
b) Recommendations and guidelines for leaders and members: Recommended accident/incident and emergency procedure. Revised October 2020.
c) Accident/incident report form. 2nd Revision June 2012.
1) It is recommended that both Members and Guests are fully vaccinated . Anyone NOT fully vaccinated should inform the walk leader, in confidence, when signing on.
2) Maintain social distancing (i.e. 2 metre separation from the nearest person) wherever it is possible.
3) Use a face covering/mask in case of accidents or incidents.
4) Have with you a fully charged mobile phone and a first aid kit.
5) If possible, download the NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace App (requires a smartphone with Bluetooth).
6) If possible, download the ‘What3Word’ location App (requires a smartphone).
7) Your mouth and nose should be covered with a tissue, or the inside of your elbow, when coughing or sneezing.
8) Preferably avoid sharing equipment (e.g. walking poles) unless in an emergency.
Updated and 2nd re-issue December 2021